These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
A Chicago man was arrested Aug. 24 after allegedly threatening a Village of Winnetka employee inside Village Hall, 510 Green Bay Road.
According to police, Joshua Davis, 36, grabbed a pen from the Village Hall counter and swore at a Village worker, saying “I will (beat) you up.”
Deputy Chief Brian O’Connell said Davis was first speaking with a Village employee about a recent FOIA request. He left the building but returned “five minutes later” and spoke with a second employee. Davis reportedly was told the first employee was busy and became “belligerent,” O’Connell said.
O’Connell said there was never any physical contact made during the altercation, and Davis was arrested for assault stemming from the threat of violence.
• Two bottles of liquor and over-the-counter medication reportedly was taken from Walgreens, 925 Green Bay Road.
• A resident’s credit card reportedly was fraudulently used for a purchase of $13.70 between Aug. 6-23.
• Cash and credit cards reportedly were taken from an unlocked vehicle around 12:45 a.m. in the 1000 block of Dinsmore Road.
• More than $5,000 in fraudulent purchases reportedly were made using a resident’s Chase bank account.
• Event tickets in the amount of $5,000 reportedly were fraudulently purchased using a resident’s account between June 27-Aug. 23.
• Jewelry valued at $5,000 reportedly was stolen from a home in the 1200 block of Cherry St. between Nov. 23 and Aug. 14.
There were three incidents of Illinois Department of Employment Services fraud filed between Aug. 27-Sept. 3.
• A car was stolen and six more were broken into overnight in Wilmette. Wilmette police said all the vehicles involved were unlocked at the time of the crimes. The car broken into was in the 900 block of Forest Avenue and reportedly contained a spare key in the glovebox, police said. Two other cars on that block were also entered. The other four cars entered were respectively in the: the 400 block of 9th Street, the 400 block of 10th Street, the 1000 block of Oakwood Avenue and the 900 block of Oakwood Avenue. A wallet was reportedly taken from a car on 9th Street and credit cards were used to make purchases, police said.
• Credit cards were reportedly taken from a purse of an outdoor diner at Corner Bakery, 3232 Lake Ave.
• An individual reportedly trespassed at the Wilmette Village Yards at 711 Laramie Ave. on Sept. 1 and on Aug. 26. Police reportedly contacted the individual and told him to stay off the property.
• A Cube Aim bicycle was reportedly stolen from the Metra station at 722 Green Bay Road.
• A wallet and car keys reportedly were taken from the purse of an employee of Chalet Nursery, 2132 Lake Ave.
• A Jewel shopper reported their wallet was stolen while at the store, 411 Green Bay Road.
There were five incidents of Illinois Department of Employment Services fraud filed between Aug. 26-31.
• A resident reportedly provided personal information in the hopes of renewing a passport online but the website in question reportedly was fraudulent.
• A resident reportedly sent $3,000 to a subject they believed was an agent for an apartment rental.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty