These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
There was one incident of Illinois Department of Employment Services fraud filed between Aug. 22-27.
• A resident reportedly was scammed after sending money for an apartment deposit on Craigslist.
There was one incident of Illinois Department of Employment Services fraud filed between Aug. 17
• A Verizon account reportedly was opened using a resident’s personal information without their permission.
• A locked bike reportedly worth $400 and the lock reportedly were stolen from a bike rack at the Metra station at 754 Elm St.
• A Verizon account was reportedly opened and used ($186) using a resident’s personal information with their permission.
• An “unattended” bike reportedly worth $400 was reportedly stolen from the front of a restaurant in the 500 block of Chestnut Street
There was one incident of Illinois Department of Employment Services fraud filed Aug. 19.
• A resident reportedly responded with their personal information to a fraudulent email. There was no reported financial loss.
• A resident reportedly responded with their personal information to a fraudulent text message. There was no reported financial loss.
• A set of $4,000 golf clubs reportedly stolen between 4-8 p.m. on July 4 at Sunset Ridge Country Club, 2100 Sunset Ridge Road.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty