James Kreutz is a starting linebacker for the Ramblers and son of former Chicago Bear Olin Kreutz. James started at safety in the spring season and recorded 39 tackles and three pass breakups.
1. Do you have any pregame rituals or superstitions?
No not really. I guess I just listen to music before games.
2. What is your ideal situation next year?
I don’t have any offers, so I don’t know any school that really wants me. My brother (Josh Kreutz — OL) goes to Illinois, so that would be pretty cool.
3. What do you have to do to get there?
I think tackles for loss is a big thing. Just make plays. Just show up on film a lot.
4. What is your favorite thing to do off the field?
I like to lift weights. That’s one of my favorite things. I lifted like every day during the offseason, and right now it’s three or four times a week.
5. Do you have a favorite athlete?
I like Roquan Smith (Chicago Bears ILB). He’s probably my favorite player. … He’s fast, plays aggressive.
6. If you could play another sport, what would it be?
Probably basketball. If you’re good at basketball, it is pretty cool. I wrestle too.
7. What is your favorite on-the-field moment so far?
Maybe a pass breakup against Marist last year. No, actually, Hillcrest. A guy caught a pass across the middle and I hit the kid. It was a big hit, yea.
8. If you are in Walgreens with a couple of bucks, what are you buying?
Candy. Like Trolli (sour) candy
9. If you travel anywhere, where would go?
Probably Japan — Tokyo. I think it would be pretty cool. Good food.
10. What is the key to Ramblers success this season?
We’re just going to play all the way through fourth quarter. Play as hard as we can and just make plays.
The Record is a nonprofit, nonpartisan community newsroom that relies on reader support to fuel its independent local journalism.
Subscribe to The Record to fund responsible news coverage for your community.
Already a subscriber? You can make a tax-deductible donation at any time.