As temperatures begin to rise around the North Shore, more than a dozen Winnetka businesses have their outdoor seating plans in place for the 2021 season.
Winnetka’s Village Council approved outdoor seating permits for 16 businesses in the village during its March 16 meeting. Council approval is required for commercial use of village sidewalks, according to Village Code.
The permit approvals do not include establishments in Winnetka that have already established outdoor spaces that do not go onto village sidewalks. Some of those include the outdoor patios at Fred’s Garage and Mino’s Italian.
Below is a list of the businesses that submitted plans to the Village for outdoor seating in 2021:
• 501 Local (501 Chestnut St.) — In front of entrance, eight tables, 32 chairs
• The Book Stall (811 Elm St.) — East of the entrance, two tables, two chairs
• Chestnut Street Flowers (547 Chestnut St.) — In front of business, one table, two chairs
• Good Grapes (821 Chestnut St.) — On sidewalk in front of business on Chestnut Street and Chestnut court; north side of Chestnut Court closed Chestnut -Oak Streets/parking lot thoroughfare, 16 tables, 24 chairs
• Grateful Bites (899 Green Bay Road) — In front of business, one table, two chairs
• La Taquiza (566 Chestnut St.) — In front of business, vacant storefront to the north, four tables, eight chairs
• Noah’s Ark (831 Elm St.) — In front of business, one table, two chairs
• Once Upon a Bagel (1050 Gage St.) — In front of business, five tables, 16 chairs
• Green Bay Cafe (568 Green Bay Road) — In front of the restaurant and small portions of Fred’s Garage frontage and Henry Cisneros frontage, four tables, 12 chairs
• Soupicurean (566 Chestnut St.) — In front of restaurant and the adjacent vacant spaces, four tables, 12 chairs
• Spirit Elephant (924 Green Bay Road) — In front of restaurant and one table in front of Alexandra Kaehler Design, five tables, 14 chairs
• Stacked and Folded (551 Lincoln Ave.) — In front of business, five tables, 14 chairs
• Starbucks (566 Chestnut St.) — In front of business on Spruce and Chestnut Streets, five tables, 17 chairs
• Tocco (507 Chestnut St) — On sidewalk in front of business on Chestnut St and Chestnut Court; south portion of Chestnut Court closed Chestnut-Oak Streets/parking lot thoroughfare, 46 tables, 182 chairs
• Towne and Oak (921-23 Green Bay Road) — In front of business, seven tables, 28 chairs
• True Juice (542 Chestnut St.) — In front of business, two tables, four chairs
The Record is a nonprofit, reader-funded news site. Our public-service journalism, including coverage of local-government action, is free for all to read.
Support our efforts bybecoming a subscriberto have full access to unmatched local reporting on New Trier Township.
Just want to help?Donate to The Recordto support reliable, responsible local news.
Martin Carlino is a co-founder and the senior editor who assigns and edits The Record stories, while also bylining articles every week. Martin is an experienced and award-winning education reporter who was the editor of The Northbrook Tower.