These reports were pulled from police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe) during the week of Sunday-Saturday, March 7-13.
There were eight incidents of Illinois Department of Employment Services — later referred to as IDES — fraud filed between March 5-12 in Wilmette.
• An officer observed a missing street sign on Ouilmette Lane at Schiller Avenue. It was reported to the Wilmette Public Works Department.
• Windows were shattered on severals vehicles in the 200 and 300 block of Greenleaf and the 200 block of 3rd Street (between March 3-5).
• An unknown offender filed a tax return with a resident’s information.
• An unknown offender burned a portion of a park bench and spray painted graffiti on the bench and a garbage can between March 5-6 at the Community Playfield.
• Steel fencing, posts and a propane patio heater were stolen between March 3-5 from the side of a residence in the 1800 block of Wilmette Avenue.
There was no reported criminal activity in Kenilworth.
There were seven incidents of IDES fraud filed through March 6 in Winnetka.
• An unlocked Land Rover possibly containing a key fob was stolen overnight between March 4-5 from a driveway in the 1200 block of Forest Glen Drive North. The vehicle was later recovered in Round Lake Beach, according to police.
• It was reported that an unknown offender used a resident’s information to rent a vehicle from Enterprise and file an accident claim on Dec. 6, 2020. The amount of loss is $8,670.
There were eight incidents of IDES fraud filed between March 3-9 in Glencoe.
• An unlocked 2019 Jeep was entered, but nothing appeared to be stolen in the 1000 block of Edgebrook Lane.
• Johnny Au, 33, of Chicago, was arrested on a warrant for violating prohibition, criminal trespass to a vehicle, unlawful possession of a fraudulent driver’s license and possession of methamphetamine at 7:20 p.m. at the CarMax dealership, 2000 Frontage Road.
There were two incidents of IDES fraud filed between March 2-5 in Northfield.
• A resident reportedly observed a suspicious vehicle at 8:44 a.m. in the 2300 block of Pebblefork Lane. When the resident confronted the driver of the vehicle, the driver swore at the complainant and drove away.
• A resident sold a piece of furniture online and received a fraudulent check. The case is under investigation.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.