Winnetka Police Reports: Multiple vehicles reported stolen in one-week span
• Three unlocked vehicles were reported stolen overnight from driveways in a three-block area east of Hibbard Road between Tower Road and Pine Street. One car each was stolen from: the 700 block of Lincoln Avenue, the 700 block of Ardsley Road and the 1300 block of Westmoor Terrace.
• Personal items were reported stolen from multiple vehicles along Hibbard Road. In all three instances, passenger-side windows were damaged. Purses were taken from cars in the 500 block of Hibbard Road and 400 block of Hibbard Road, and a backpack was taken from a car in the 500 block of Hibbard.
• An unlocked vehicle in the 900 block of Pine Street was entered at 2:28 a.m. A key fob was left inside the vehicle and may have been removed, police say. The amount of loss is unknown.
• Two garage-door openers were removed at 3:46 a.m. from unlocked vehicles parked in a driveway located in the 800 block of Prospect Avenue. The estimated loss is $50, police say.
• An unlocked vehicle was stolen from a driveway in the 100 block of Ash Street sometime between 7 p.m. Oct. 4 and 7:27 a.m. Oct. 5. The vehicle’s key fob was left inside. The estimated loss is in excess of $5,000, police say.
Winnetka Police Reports are taken from police-file summaries from the Winnetka Police Department. Incidents that do not have an effect on public safety have been removed.
This article was developed using publicly available information, such as press releases, municipal records and social media posts.