These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A scammer reportedly stole $750 from a resident who responded to an alert on their computer and was trying to unlock the device.
• An individual reportedly was slapped in the face after confronting a group of people harassing a girl at Gillson Beach, 700 Michigan Ave.
• About $50 in change reportedly was stolen from an unlocked car in the 800 block of Lake Avenue.
• A purse containing credit cards and cash reportedly was stolen from a car in the 200 block of 17th Street.
• About $4,000 worth of merchandise reportedly was illegally charged to a resident’s credit card. The resident’s wallet reportedly was taken from a fitness club.
• A swim bag containing a car key fob reportedly was stolen from Gillson Beach, 700 Michigan Ave.
• Police arrested an individual for allegedly filing multiple false police reports fo thefts, carjackings and robberies.
• Police arrested an individual for allegedly stealing a bicycle from Wilmette Bicycle and Sport Shop after the individual took a test ride on April 20.
• An unlocked vehicle reportedly was stolen from the 1300 block of Elmwood Avenue. The car reportedly was recovered in Evanston after it was identified by license-plate-reading cameras.
• Cash reportedly was stolen from a car in the 700 block of Central Avenue.
• A bag containing a key fob reportedly was stolen from a car in the 1100 block of Elm Street.
• Three mailed checks reportedly were stolen, altered and cashed — each for an amount exceeding $5,000.
• More than $3,900 in cosmetics reportedly were stolen between 6:26-6:38 p.m. from Walgreens, 925 Green Bay Road.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in an amount exceeding $5,000.
• Tools valued at up to $3,000 reportedly were stolen from a work truck in the 100 block of Pebblewood Lane.
• A package reportedly was stolen from the front porch of a home in the 200 block of Maple Hill Road.
• A backpack sprayer reportedly was stolen from a work truck (Mosquito Joe) at 3218 Skokie Valley Road.
• Thousands of dollars of cosmetics reportedly were stolen from Walgreens, 1825 Willow Road.
• A Chicago man was arrested for reportedly attempting to steal a bicycle from a bike rack at the Kenilworth train station, 400 Richmond Road. During the incident’s investigation, another individual was arrested for allegedly possessing methamphetamine.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.