These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Two bottles of liquor reportedly were stolen at 1:12 p.m. from Walgreen’s, 3232 Lake Ave.
• The rear window of a car reportedly was smashed in the 1400 block of Wilmette Avenue.
• A business reportedly was broken into by force in the 3200 block of Lake Avenue. Nothing was reported missing.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in an amount exceeding $5,000.
• An online purchase costing $349 reportedly was delivered to a different address than provided by the purchaser.
• A check mailed between April 3-5 reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in the amount of $3,700.
• A check mailed between Feb. 14-17 reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in the amount of $4,490.
• A check mailed between April 2-6 reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in the amount of $4,305.
• A car reportedly was stolen from the front parking lot at Carmax, 200 Frontage Road.
• Several mailed checks from one resident reportedly were stolen, altered and cashed for unknown amounts.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed.
No activity reported that meets The Record’s standards for publication
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.