These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A car parked on the street reportedly was stolen from the 1100 block of Greenleaf Avenue. The car reportedly was unlocked with the keys inside. It was later found in Evanston and towed back to the Wilmette Police Department, according to the report.
• Jewelry and cash reportedly were taken from a home in the 2300 block of Elmwood Avenue. Entry reportedly was made through an unlocked door.
• Lottery tickets, alcohol and cigarettes reportedly were stolen at 4 a.m. from Wilmette Food Mart, 531 Green Bay Road. When police arrived, a suspected offending vehicle fled, police say.
• A 14-year-old boy was arrested for reportedly attempting to burglarize a car in the Edens Plaza parking lot, 3232 Lake Ave.
• A fraudulent check reportedly was cashed against a resident’s bank account.
• More than $5,000 reportedly was removed from a resident’s bank account without the resident’s permission.
• Nearly $400 in alcohol reportedly was stolen from the Grand, 606 Green Bay Road.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for $1,000.
• Police believe an officer interrupted a burglary attempt at 4:36 a.m. at Parkway Drugs, 353 Park Ave, after the office approached a car parked outside the store and the car sped away at a high rate of speed.
• An unauthorized purchase reportedly was made from a resident’s account after the resident called an individual claiming to be from Facebook support. The individual reportedly gained control of the resident’s phone to make the alleged purchase.
No activity reported between Jan. 27-Feb. 3
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.