These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A plastic lamb reportedly was stolen from the nativity scene outside of Trinity United Methodist Church, 1024 Lake Ave.
• Fraudulent checks totaling $1,255 reportedly were cashed from a resident’s checking account.
• Two bottles of liquor reportedly were stolen from the Jewel at 411 Green Bay Road.
• A package reportedly was stolen from a front porch in the 200 block of Kilpartrick.
• About $500 in alcohol reportedly was stolen at 5:50 p.m. from the Jewel at 1517 Sheridan Road in Plaza del Lago.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $1,000 when a caller purported to be the resident’s boss and asked for four gift cards at a cost of $250 each.
• Three individuals were taken into custody at about 10 p.m. for reportedly stealing alcohol from Walgreens, 3232 Lake Ave. Two individuals reportedly were charged and release on bond. The third was not charged, police say.
• More than $1,300 reportedly was fraudulently charged to a resident’s credit card.
• More than $5,000 reportedly was fraudulently charged to a resident’s credit card.
• A home in the 400 block of Lakeside Terrance reportedly was broken into overnight by damaging a sliding door.
• More than $4,000 worth of airline miles reportedly was stolen from a resident’s American Airlines account.
No activity reported from Dec. 19-25
No activity reported from Dec. 23-30
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.