These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A car reportedly stolen from the 100 block of Hibbard Road was recovered in the 7200 block of Cornell in Chicago.
• A bank account reportedly was opened using a resident’s personal information without the resident’s knowledge. Funds surpassing $5,000 allegedly were transferred to and stolen from the account.
• Fraudulent checks in an amount exceeding $5,000 reportedly were forged and cashed on a resident’s checking account.
• A vehicle with an expired registration reportedly fled the scene of a traffic stop and was not located by police.
• Three individuals reportedly entered vehicles at Autohaus on Edens, 1600 Frontage Road, at 1:40 p.m.
• A residential window reportedly was damaged at a reported cost of $800 between Sept. 2-4 in the 500 block of Dundee Road.
• Jewelry, cash and a purse reportedly were stolen between 4:30-9:35 p.m. from a townhome in the 1700 block of Colonial Lane. According to the report, a rear sliding door was pried open.
• Cash and a credit card reportedly were taken from an unattended purse in the 400 block of Kenilworth Avenue.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.