Police Reports: Multiple bicycles and wallets stolen across township
These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• About $1,500 in items reportedly were stolen at 8:30 p.m. from Walgreens, 3232 Lake Ave.
• An unsecured bike reportedly was stolen from harper School, 1101 Dartmouth Street.
• A dropped wallet reportedly was stolen in the 1300 block of Elmwood Avenue and an attempt to use a credit card from the wallet reportedly was made in Missouri.
• A hybrid bicycle reportedly was stolen from the side of the garage in the 1000 block of Lake Avenue.
• More than $1,500 in charges reportedly were made on a Verizon Wireless account created in a resident’s name without the resident’s permission.
• Multiple unauthorized transactions reportedly were made on credit cards allegedly stolen from a car in the 700 block of Willow Road.
• An unsecured bicycle reportedly was stolen from the 600 block of Greenwood Avenue.
• The rear window of a car reportedly was shattered sometime between May 26-30 in the 200 block of Dickens Street.
• A wallet and several credit cards reportedly were stolen from a car in the 500 block of Greenwood Avenue. Three fraudulent charges totaling nearly $4,000 reportedly were made on the cards.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.
This article was developed using publicly available information, such as press releases, municipal records and social media posts.