These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
One incident of Illinois Department of Employment Services fraud was reported between Sept. 3-10.
• Two bicycles were reported stolen, one each from the 700 block of Forest Avenue and the 1800 block of Elmwood Avenue. Both bikes were reportedly recovered in the 2000 block of Greenwood Avenue.
• A bicycle was reported stolen from the 1200 block of Green Bay Road.
• An individual’s wallet was reported stolen from 1600 10th Street. Credit cards within the wallet were reportedly used outside of Wilmette.
• A resident reported someone used their personal information to issue more than $5,000 in checks from their bank account.
Two incidents of Illinois Department of Employment Services fraud were reported between Sept. 3-8.
• A check for $2,982 reportedly was fraudulently cashed from a resident’s bank account.
• A bicycle — reportedly worth $1,000 — was reported stolen from New Trier High School, 7 Happ Road, between 7:45 a.m. and 3:45 p.m.
• Several checks meant for vendors of St. James the Less — a church in Northfield — reportedly were cashed by unknown individuals
• A resident reported numerous unauthorized checks were cashed from their account.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested for nonviolent crimes in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has broad community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty
The Record is a nonprofit, nonpartisan local-news site that is funded by the community. Our public-service work is free to read.
To support responsible community news, please consider becoming a subscriber.
Already subscribe? You can make a donation at any time.