Editor’s Note: This story was updated at 9:30 a.m. Thursday, May 6, with the addition of a report on April 27 in Wilmette.
These reports were pulled from police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe) during the week of Sunday-Saturday, April 25-May 1.
• A 66-year-old homeless man was arrested for public indecency at 12:49 p.m. at Maple Park, 398 Maple Ave., following a report of a subject acting erratically and “pulling on his pants,” according to the public police report. When officers arrived, Cmdr. Mike Robinson said the man was not in direct view of any families or children and appeared to be talking to himself and fondling himself. He was released on a $1,500 signature bond for the Class A misdemeanor, reportedly agreeing to appear in court.
• A bike was reported stolen in the 0-100 block of Poplar Drive.
• An unknown offender damaged a resident’s vehicle in the 1100 block of Wilmette Avenue.
• An unattended skateboard was reported stolen from the sailing beach at Gillson Park, 700 Michigan Ave.
• A cellphone was reported stolen in the 400 block of Poplar Drive.
• A resident reported jewelry was missing from her home in the 1100 block of Elmwood. She was uncertain who stole the items.
• An unlocked bike, worth $265, was stolen between April 23-26 from a bike rack at Joseph Sears School, 542 Abbotsford Road.
• A 24-year-old Chicago man was arrested on two counts of retail theft after an investigation of two reported incidents that occurred last September at The Grand Food Center, 606 Green Bay Road. The man allegedly entered the store Sept. 9 and 10 and removed alcohol without paying.The total amount of liquor stolen from the store was approximately $360.
• It was reported that a second-floor window was broken between April 2-18 at the Maple Street Beach House, 725 Sheridan Road. Repairs are $300.
• Chairs were reported stolen at 12:47 p.m. from a front yard in the 300 block of Greenwood Road.
• An iPhone was reported stolen at 8:59 a.m. in the 600 block of Greenwood Road.
• An unknown offender attempted to extort money from a victim or the offender threatened they would release a private video of the victim. The victim suffered no financial loss.
• An unknown offender attempted to scam a resident that was selling a mattress on Craigslist by sending a check for five times more than the mattress price. The offender asked the resident to repay them the overpayment; however, the resident did not oblige and suffered no financial loss.
• A residential burglary occurred between 9-10:15 a.m. in the 300 block of Eaton Street. The case is under investigation.
• A Black Lives Matter sign was stolen from a front yard overnight in the 1800 block of Stockton Drive. The case is under investigation.
• A dog ran out of a home, jumped on a dog walker and then bit their dog at 5:35 p.m. in the 1600 block of Mt. Pleasant Street. The dog walker was not injured and their dog had minor injuries. The owner of the biting dog was issued non-appearance citations for dog at large ($50 fine) and dog snapping, growling, jumping upon or threatening persons ($300 fine).
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.